I had a dentist appointment in the morning so could not be in front of JPMC building in the AM. I let people at work know that I am FOOO. Only communication today from JPMC was from Judith of EAP.
Since the cop like guy was complaining that I need to have a protest permit I drove to downtown City Hall to get it. There I was told to go to 611 Walker. After waiting half an hour they said I don't need any permit since I was not obstructing any vehicular traffic by blocking any lanes. They issue only permits of that kind. Good. I explained my way of protest. A lady said to go back to City Hall for "special event" protest if at all required though she was sure I dont'need any. So I was back at City Hall where I waited for 20 minutes before a lady appeared. I explained why I was protesting, how and even showed the placard. She laughed and said what I was doing was absoultely perfect and that I was well within my rights of 5th Amendment regarding freedom of speech and freedom of expression, which is part of Bill of Rights. I was happy, I knew I was doing the right thing, not breaking any law. Wherever I sat/stood for protest it wasn't even blocking or impeding pedestrian traffic.
May be the cop was not really a cop but some security personnel of a building. I did not notice his insignia very well. If he wasn't lying then I must have pricked the guilt conscience of the people who complained, most white folks aren't comfortable at all with racism, slavery and such. Anybody holding a placard "Victim of Prejudice" is enough to trigger that! Anyway I will continue to protest unless developments change that course.
Later in the night I let Brad know that there was no FedEx delivery today.
This is online journal of my regular interaction with HR regarding racism incidents and remained confidential. This has been made public after my termination. It stays unlisted. I have been adding other relevant posts in this blog too. Please go to the bottom of the page for Summary and archives.
Summary
Archive
-
▼
2008
(67)
-
▼
September
(27)
- Meeting setup with Brian Fay's ER person
- BrownMan's nightmarish experience
- BrownMan cannot access work EMAIL
- Lower management "closing" the case
- Phone call from FedEx
- Voice mail from HR
- Strange calls from FedEx, Florida, ER
- After Meeting with ER the 3rd Letter
- Letter to CEO + senior management again
- Badge failed at JPMC office on Sunday 9-8-2008
- FedEx package with Cryptic message
- Unable to work with denial of facilities
- Final communication with HR seeking status
- JPMC not responding to Letters and Emails
- SATYAGRAHA - my version - day 1
- Letting coworkers know that I am FOOO
- HR's most obscene game ever ..so far
- Sending note to Brad, the site director
- SATYAGRAHA - day 2 - getting permit to protest
- SATYAGRAHA - day 3 - uneventful
- 2nd FedEx letter - still cryptic, meeting on 9/15
- GMAIL address also blocked - goes nowhere!
- Disability packet - unsolicited gift from HR
- Response from ER - after resend of gmails.
- SATYAGRAHA - day 4 - "You have been Fired" ?
- SATYAGRAHA - day 5 - No termination letter yet?
- Written termination received with no details
-
▼
September
(27)
